Over the weekend I was brainstorming ideas to help me get the word out about my new Avon independent sales business and it occurred to me that one of the most memorable things about Avon was their free samples. Back in the day, my mother’s Avon representative always seemed to have those cute little tubes of lipstick and packets of lotions and perfumes. I always loved it when my mom gave me something she got from her Avon lady.
With this in mind, and knowing that I plan to run my business totally online, I needed to think up something non-intrusive that would give me the opportunity to give away some free samples and yet direct the recipients to my online eStore.
I came up with a fun idea that incorporates those free samples with my online only business plan.
Please note: In addition to being an Avon independent sales representative, I’m also affiliated with Zazzle. If you make a purchase there, I will receive a small royalty. This will never effect your cost. Read my full disclosure HERE.
Avon Lady Ask Me For A Free Sample Tote Bag
I went to Zazzle and created a new tote bag. (YOU CAN PURCHASE ONE FROM MY ZAZZLE STORE HERE) The bag uses a cute standout image of a lipstick drawn heart, along with the words, Friendly Neighborhood Avon Lady, written in black ink, Avon Independent Sales Representative also written in black but very small, and Ask me for a Free Sample!
My thoughts are;
- The tote bag invites people I come across to talk to me about Avon.
- The tote is the perfect size to be filled with brochures, samples, and business cards that I can give away.
- If I keep it filled, it’s always ready to go at a moment’s notice.
- It’s small enough and light enough to comfortably be carried all the time.
- It’s inexpensive. I created it on one of Zazzle’s budget tote bags. You can customize it for a larger size if you like.
- The tote bag is intentionally left blank on one side so that if you decide you’re done giving samples away for the day, turn it the other way and no one will be the wiser.
I’ve bought Zazzle’s budget totes before so I can vouch for the high quality of this bag.
Avon Tote Bag Gift Idea
This tote bag would also make an amazing gift for your favorite Avon lady! If you’re looking for a way to say thank you to your favorite Avon rep, she’s bound to love this. If you have an Avon independent sales representative who is a family member or friend that you need to buy a Christmas or birthday gift for, this is absolutely perfect! It’s guaranteed to be highly appreciated too!
About the Avon Tote Bag
Style: Budget Tote
- Dimensions: 15.75″l x 15.25″w
- Material: 4.75 oz. 100% cotton
- Cotton handles with stress point reinforced stitching
- Choice of 5 handle colors
- Print on both sides for a small upcharge.
- Machine washable
Prices are subject to change. CHECK PRICE
I’ve got mine on order and in the meantime, I’ve already created some little sample bags that contain an Avon sample and a business card with my name and all of my online social addresses as well as the link to my online store address in red so it stands out prominently.
How To Create Your Own Avon Sample Bags
To create the bags, I used inexpensive baggies that I got at Walmart, business cards that I got at Zazzle, and samples that I purchased from Avon.
I can’t wait to start using mine when I’m out shopping or wandering around town and I imagine it will be even more effective once we can go out into the world after the pandemic has ended.
I plan to bring mine EVERYWHERE!
What do you think? Good idea? Not so good? Tell me your thoughts about using a custom tote bag to market an Avon business. Do you have another idea that is similar? Better? Share your thoughts. I love hearing from my readers.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a beautiful day!