Last night I tried out a new recipe that we loved so much, I decided to share it with you here. The recipe is not my invention. I found it on social media, maybe Pinterest or Facebook. I did put my own spin on it though. We’re empty-nesters. Since there’s only two of us, I didn’t need to prepare as much as the recipe calls for.
The original recipe comes from The Slow Roasted Italian and their recipe is located HERE: Roasted Vegetable Penne Pasta. The recipe is easy to follow and there’s even a video there that you can watch so it’s fool-proof.
Roasted Vegetable Penne Pasta for Two
My changes were:
- I only used one package of fresh tomatoes.
- I used one zucchini.
- I used less fresh garlic. One really big clove.
- I used less grated cheese. No measurement. I eye-balled it.
- And I only boiled approximately 3/4 of a box of Penne pasta.
Because of my changes I only needed to use one roasting pan.
We both really enjoyed it and it was so easy to prepare. Packed with vegetables, it made for a delicious no-meat dinner. Between the cheese and the pasta, it’s not really diet friendly but with so many veggies, it must have some redeeming qualities in the healthy foods department. Anyway, this one is definitely going into my bi-weekly dinner planner. And I plan to experiment by using other vegetables too!
If you decide to try it, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
What do you think? Have you tried this recipe? Do you have one that’s similar? Share your thoughts in the comments section. I love hearing from my readers.
Thanks for visiting today!
- SHOP MY AVON STORE
- BROWSE THE LATEST ONLINE AVON SALE CATALOG
- VISIT AND LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE
- FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
- FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM
- BECOME AN AVON REPRESENTATIVE – LIMITED TIME! JOIN FOR $0, EARN 25% COMMISSION ON $40+ BEAUTY ORDERS & SAVE WHEN YOU BUY FOR YOURSELF!